Last update: July 16, 2018
Ph.D. (economics), Ph.D. in Engineering
China Center for Special Economic Zone Research
Cooperative Game Theory, Social and Economic Networks, Energy and Environmental Economics
- Doctor of Philosophy (economics), VU University Amsterdam/Tinbergen Institute, the Netherlands, 2011-2015
Dissertation: Topics on Social and Economic Networks, Completion: April 5, 2016
- PhD in Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2008-2011
Dissertation: Dynamic Stochastic Analysis of Risk Management Problems in Financial Engineering and Manufacturing
- Master of Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2006-2008
- Bachelor of Policy and Planning Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2002-2006
|Nov 2015 - present||Assistant Professor, Shenzhen University.|
|Apr 2011 - Aug 2011||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Tsukuba.|
- van den Brink, R., He, S., & Huang, J.-P. (2018). Polluted River Problems and Games with a Permission Structure. Games and Economic Behavior, 108, 182-205.
- Huang, J.-P., Koster, M., & Lindner, I. (2016). Diffusion of behavior in network games with threshold dynamics. Mathematical Social Sciences, 84, 109-118.
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2015). Development of Computational Algorithms for Pricing European Bond Options under the Influence of Macro-economic Conditions. Applied Mathematics and Computation, 251, 453-468.
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2013). Dynamic Analysis of a Multivariate Reward Process Defined on the UMCP with Application to Optimal Preventive Maintenance Policy Problems in Manufacturing. Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 27(2), 187-208.
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2012). Evaluation of Cumulative Random Shocks Generated from a Semi-Markov Modulated Poisson Process and Its Application to CDO Pricing. Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, 55(2), 158-180.
- Sumita, U., & Huang, J.-P. (2009). Dynamic Analysis of a Unified Multivariate Counting Process and Its Asymptotic Behavior. International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2009, Article ID 219532, 43 pages.
International Conference Presentations
- 2018 International Conference on Economic Theory and Applications, Chengdu, China, Jul 18-20, 2018
- Euro2018: 29th European Conference on Operational Research, Valencia, Spain, Jul 8-11, 2018
- NetSci-X 2018: International School and Conference on Network Science, poster, Hangzhou, China, Jan 5-8, 2018
- 18th INFORMS Applied Probability Society Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, Jul 5-8, 2015
- 14th China Economics Annual Conference, Shenzhen, China, Dec 13-14, 2014
- IMA Conference on Game Theory and its Applications, Oxford, UK, Dec 8-10, 2014
- 1st European Conference on Social Networks, Barcelona, Spain, Jul 1-4, 2014
- International Conference on Operations Research (OR2013), Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Sep 3-6, 2013
- 7th International Conference Game Theory and Management (GTM2013), St. Petersburg, Russia, Jun 26-28, 2013
- 11th Workshop on Networks in Economics and Sociology - Multidisciplinary Economics and Networks, Utrecht, The Netherlands, Jun 13-14, 2013
- 4th international workshop on “Models of Influence and Network Theory” and Tinbergen workshop on Economic Theory and Game Theory, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Apr 25-26, 2013
- 2008 International Workshop on Applied Probability (IWAP2008), Compiègne, France, Jul 7-10, 2008
An Introduction to Social Networks [Chinese] (fall 2016, fall 2017).
Calculus II, aka Advanced Mathematics C(2) [English] (spring 2018).
Econometrics I [Chinese] (fall 2016, fall 2017).
- Young Creative Talent Project (Humanities and Social Sciences), Theoretical Research on Network Effects in Dynamic Decision Problems, granted by Department of Education of Guangdong Province, 2016WQNCX129, 2017-2018
- Start-up Grant for Young Researchers in Humanities and Social Sciences, Dynamic Decision Problems in Social Networks, granted by Shenzhen University, 16QNFC45, 2016-2017
- Member of the Operations Research Society of China, since 2016
- Member of The Operations Research Society of Japan, 2008-2015
- Reviewer of Mathematical Reviews, since 2017
- Reviewer of European Journal of Operational Research, 2018 (ad hoc)
- Reviewer of Open Physics (formerly Central European Journal of Physics), 2015 (ad hoc)
- Reviewer of Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 2011 (ad hoc)
- Associate editor-in-chief of Sustainable Development in East Asia Countries, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2017
- Contributor of Annual Report on the Development of China’s Special Economic Zones (Blue Book of Special Economic Zones), 2016-2017, Tao, Y. & Yuan, Y. (Eds.), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China)
- Associate editor of Studies on China’s Special Economic Zones (in Chinese), 2015-2017, Yuan, Y. (Ed.), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China)
Languages and Skills
Mandarin Chinese (native), Japanese (excellent), English (fluent)
MATLAB (very good), LaTeX (very good), R (familiar), Linux (familiar)