> Curriculum Vitae
Last update: April 13, 2019
Ph.D. (economics), Ph.D. in Engineering
Research Institute of New Economy and Finance
China Center for Special Economic Zone Research
Cooperative Game Theory, Social and Economic Networks, Dynamics in Economics and Finance
- Doctor of Philosophy (economics), VU University Amsterdam/Tinbergen Institute, the Netherlands, 2011-2015
Dissertation: Topics on Social and Economic Networks, Completion: April 5, 2016
- PhD in Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2008-2011
Dissertation: Dynamic Stochastic Analysis of Risk Management Problems in Financial Engineering and Manufacturing
- Master of Engineering, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2006-2008
- Bachelor of Policy and Planning Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan, 2002-2006
- Nov 2015 - present
- Assistant Professor, Shenzhen University.
- Apr 2011 - Aug 2011
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Tsukuba.
- Huang, J.-P., Heidergott, B., & Lindner, I. (2019). Naïve Learning in Social Networks with Random Communication.
Social Networks, 58, 1-11. doi:10.1016/j.socnet.2019.01.004
- van den Brink, R., He, S., & Huang, J.-P. (2018). Polluted River Problems and Games with a Permission Structure.
Games and Economic Behavior, 108, 182-205. doi:10.1016/j.geb.2017.10.005
- Huang, J.-P., Koster, M., & Lindner, I. (2016). Diffusion of behavior in network games with threshold dynamics.
Mathematical Social Sciences, 84, 109-118. doi:10.1016/j.mathsocsci.2016.10.007
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2015). Development of Computational Algorithms for Pricing European Bond Options under the Influence of Macro-economic Conditions.
Applied Mathematics and Computation, 251, 453-468. doi:10.1016/j.amc.2014.11.071
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2013). Dynamic Analysis of a Multivariate Reward Process Defined on the UMCP with Application to Optimal Preventive Maintenance Policy Problems in Manufacturing.
Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 27(2), 187-208. doi:10.1017/S0269964812000411
- Huang, J.-P., & Sumita, U. (2012). Evaluation of Cumulative Random Shocks Generated from a Semi-Markov Modulated Poisson Process and Its Application to CDO Pricing.
Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, 55(2), 158-180. [Download]
- Sumita, U., & Huang, J.-P. (2009). Dynamic Analysis of a Unified Multivariate Counting Process and Its Asymptotic Behavior.
International Journal of Mathematics and Mathematical Sciences, vol. 2009, Article ID 219532, 43 pages. doi:10.1155/2009/219532
International Conference Presentations
- 2018 International Conference on Economic Theory and Applications, Chengdu, China, Jul 18-20, 2018
- Euro2018: 29th European Conference on Operational Research, Valencia, Spain, Jul 8-11, 2018
- NetSci-X 2018: International School and Conference on Network Science, poster, Hangzhou, China, Jan 5-8, 2018
- 18th INFORMS Applied Probability Society Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, Jul 5-8, 2015
- 14th China Economics Annual Conference, Shenzhen, China, Dec 13-14, 2014
- IMA Conference on Game Theory and its Applications, Oxford, UK, Dec 8-10, 2014
- 1st European Conference on Social Networks, Barcelona, Spain, Jul 1-4, 2014
- International Conference on Operations Research (OR2013), Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Sep 3-6, 2013
- 7th International Conference Game Theory and Management (GTM2013), St. Petersburg, Russia, Jun 26-28, 2013
- 11th Workshop on Networks in Economics and Sociology - Multidisciplinary Economics and Networks, Utrecht, The Netherlands, Jun 13-14, 2013
- 4th international workshop on “Models of Influence and Network Theory” and Tinbergen workshop on Economic Theory and Game Theory, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Apr 25-26, 2013
- 2008 International Workshop on Applied Probability (IWAP2008), Compiègne, France, Jul 7-10, 2008
An Introduction to Social Networks [Chinese & English] (fall 2016, fall 2017).
Calculus I, aka Advanced Mathematics C(1) [English] (spring 2019).
Calculus II, aka Advanced Mathematics C(2) [English] (spring 2018).
Statistics [English] (spring 2019).
Using R in Financial Statistics [Chinese & English] (spring 2019).
Econometrics I [Chinese & English] (fall 2016, fall 2017, fall 2018).
Economic Networks and Dynamic Decision [Chinese & English] (spring 2019).
- Ph.D. Start-up Grant, Methods and Applications in Complex Networks Analysis based on Cooperative Game Theory, granted by Natural Science Foundation of Guangdong Province, 2018A030310608, 2018-2020.
- Young Creative Talent Project (Humanities and Social Sciences), Theoretical Research on Network Effects in Dynamic Decision Problems, granted by Department of Education of Guangdong Province, 2016WQNCX129, 2017-2018.
- Start-up Grant for Young Researchers in Humanities and Social Sciences, Dynamic Decision Problems in Social Networks, granted by Shenzhen University, 16QNFC45, 2016-2017.
- Outstanding Youth Paper Award, Polluted River Problems and Games with a Permission Structure, presented at 2018 Eighth International Conference of Game Theory and Applications (ICGTA2018), Game Theory and Applications Branch, Operations Research Society of China, Sep 23, 2018.
- Member of the Operations Research Society of China, since 2016
- Member of The Operations Research Society of Japan, 2008-2015
- Reviewer of Mathematical Reviews, since 2017
- Reviewer of Review of Network Economics, 2019
- Reviewer of European Journal of Operational Research, 2018
- Reviewer of Open Physics (formerly Central European Journal of Physics), 2015
- Reviewer of Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences, 2011
- Associate editor-in-chief of Sustainable Development in East Asia Countries, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China), 2017
- Contributor of Annual Report on the Development of China’s Special Economic Zones (Blue Book of Special Economic Zones), 2016-2018, Tao, Y. & Yuan, Y. (Eds.), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China)
- Associate editor of Studies on China’s Special Economic Zones (in Chinese), 2015-2017, Yuan, Y. (Ed.), Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press (China)
Languages and Skills
Mandarin Chinese (native), Japanese (excellent), English (fluent)
MATLAB (very good), LaTeX (very good), R (good), Linux (familiar)